Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snow Days

Monday at school it  was a beautiful 70 degrees day.  I knew a "winter storm" was headed our way so I let my kiddos play outside longer than usual thinking we wouldn't be able to have outside recess the rest of the week.  I had NO idea what the winter storm had in store for us!  The storm started early Monday evening with thunder, lightning, & hail that soon turned to heavy sleet.  Throughout the night it began to snow & we woke up at 5:30 am to 6 in of snow!  School was cancelled Tuesday, today , and tomorrow! 

Here is a look at our street & in front of our house Tuesday afternoon.  It looks the same today except the streets are like an ice skating rink.


Garrett has come over both days & brought his lab Tug to play with Reese.  They LOVE the snow!







I'm not so much a fan of 12 degrees with a wind chill of 10 below.

 So glad I captured this moment of Griff & Jameson prying open his frozen door.

I love that Griffin & I have been snowed in together!



As I type this, the boys are cooking a big pot of deer chili & cornbread. This is something I could get use to! :)

As of now we have another snow day tomorrow & possibly Friday.  As much as we are enjoying our days off together & are thankful for the rest & break, we are beginning to get a case of cabin fever.  We'll see how much longer the ice stays....

I hope you are all staying safe, cuddled, & bundled!

A & G



No comments:

Post a Comment