Monday, June 6, 2011

ahhhh Summer

When Christmas rolled around I was extremely jealous when most teacher's were out buying gifts, hanging with family, & enjoying Christmas festivities while I was still teaching entertaining my students.  ALL of that jealousy disapeared when I got out for the summer May 27! ahhhh Summer time has finally arrived....


 Memorial Day weekend Griff & I headed to Dallas to hang out with his family & go to a Rangers game.  The Rangers kicked some tail with a 10-1 win!  We went to a pool party with his sister's small group from church on Sunday.  It was a great kick off to Summer.

 We took Reese to the disgusting Ft. Fantom Lake to play on Memorial Day.  Although, I wouldn't step foot in that mud pit, she loved chasing balls & sticks.
 This weekend I decided to be ambitious & make my first pound cake.  It turned out super yummy, especially with fresh strawberries on top.  Paula Deen knows how to come up with some delicious, healthy deserts!  Pound cake
I went to a wedding shower for my friend Terry Lee yesterday.  I came accross this cute printable & decided to paint a frame to match her new home & include the picture.  I really liked the way it turned out & came really close to keeping it for myself!

My goal is to keep this blog updated this summer...we will see how that goes.....

No comments:

Post a Comment